It seems not so long ago that Sage 50 Accounts 2015 was released but already it has been a year and BlueMoon Solutions now looks at the new features of Sage 50 Accounts 2016 and the benefits it could bring to you business..
The last release of Sage 50 Accounts brought with it a complete overhaul of the User Interface. The new Sage 50 Accounts 2016 has mainly concentrated on extending those improvements across the whole program ensuring that the program follows consistency within each module and dialogue box..
- New horizontal toolbars which replace the functionality buttons, previously shown at the bottom of a record
- New Navigation bar that replaces the “Tabs” when opening records / invoices
Surfacing of Information
The new Sage 50 Accounts 2016 has seen some changes around the surfacing of information throughout the different modules..
- A range of additional columns in existing lists such as an “Email or Print” in customer/supplier ledgers
- A new “Posted” column in the Purchase Orders module now showing status of “Part or Complete”
- New balance fields in payment / receipts screens immediately showing impact of payment / receipt to account
- Throughout the modules the “Department Name” making it clearer which department is being posted to
- Additional columns in “Bank recurring Entries” screen displaying “Account Ref” and “Account Name”
- Additional flexibility in how the “Ref” and “Ex-Ref” are posted to when updating ledgers
- Additional “Bar Code” column added in Products screen
There are two big changes within the “Error Corrections” feature within the new Sage 50 Accounts 2016 program. These can only be done on transactions entered after the upgrade but a long awaited change never the less.
- The ability to now edit journals which have been posted via the journal screen or the Bank transfer screen
- The ability to “Un-Allocate Payments/Receipts, available in “Transactions” / “Supplier / Customer” modules
Aged Debt Enhancements
A couple of enhancements have now been made to the Aged Debt Screens providing better program flow.
- Change “Date Ranges” without having to come out of the “Aged Debt” screen
- Ability to run reports, again without the need to come all the way out of the “Aged Debt” screen