BlueMoon Solutions Limited
Updated January 2018
BlueMoon Solutions Limited is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, suppliers and employees. In this policy we explain how we will handle your personal data. We will initially ask for your consent to collect and process your data which may be requested / provided over the telephone or via our website contact forms where the data processed will be in accordance with the terms of this policy. Where information is provided / collected via our website contact forms this information is communicated to us using Secure Socket Layer controls and communicated in encrypted format.
Reasons / Purposes for Processing Personal Data
BlueMoon Solutions Limited process personal information to enable us to:-
- Provide IT Support and related services
- Maintain our accounts and records
- Promote our services
- Manage our own employees
Types/Classes of Information Processed
BlueMoon Solutions Limited processes information relevant to the above reasons/purposes.
Information processed on our customers:-
- Company details
- Personal details – Main customer contacts and customers users
- Financial details – For credit worthiness, billing and compliance purposes
- IT Specific Administrator Level details – For administering and monitoring customer IT Environments
- Goods and Services Provided
Information processed on our suppliers:-
- Company details
- Personal details – Main supplier and accounts contacts
- Financial details – For account payments and compliance purposes
- Goods and Services purchased
Information processed on our employees:-
- Personal details
- Family / Next of Kin details
- Education and Employment details
Disclosure of Information
BlueMoon Solutions Limited may sometimes need to share the information we process. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Laws.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that we have 500 customers and 250 of them use Sage.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BlueMoon Solutions Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BlueMoon Solutions Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure operating platform (ConnectWise) and / or our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our systems, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In this Section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: [the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed]. However, there are certain general exclusions of the right to erasure. Those general exclusions include where processing is necessary: [for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims].
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us or in addition to the other methods specified in this Section.
In this Section we provide details about BlueMoon Solutions Limited including how to contact us.
- This website is owned and operated by BlueMoon Solutions Limited.
- We are registered in [England and Wales] under registration number 05538799, and our registered office is at 4 Spencer Road, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 2QB.
- Our principal place of business is at Brook House, Edmonds Close, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 2QB.
- You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given above
- using our website contact form
- by telephone, on 0845 004 3202
- by email, using firstname.lastname@example.org
- The BlueMoon Solutions Limited Data Protection Officer is Sean Savoy who can be contacted using one of the above listed methods.